- development of state policy in the field of analysis and forecasting of social and economic development;
- legal regulation of economic policy;
- development of business activities (including small and medium-sized businesses).
The Ministry is also responsible for licensing, regulatory impact assessment, accreditation of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs in the national accreditation system, and self-regulation of professional and entrepreneurial activities.
The Ministry of Economic Development is also responsible for overseeing the activities of SRO appraisers and arbitration managers, and supporting socially oriented NGOs.
In addition, the Ministry is responsible for state policy in the field of
- public non-financial reporting;
- foreign economic activity (excluding foreign trade);
- corporate relationship;
- bankruptcy and financial recovery;
- valuation activities,
- official statistical accounting;
- investment activity and public investment.
The Department oversees the formation of interstate and federal and departmental target programs, and the development and implementation of social and economic development programs in Russia.
The Ministry of Economic Development is also responsible for
- creation and operation of special economic zones and special legal regimes;
- cross-border and interregional cooperation;
- territorial planning,
- development and implementation of complex projects of social and economic development of Federal districts.