Under the goal of "Regional Development" the Ministry of Economic Development elaborates the state policy and normative legal regulation in the field of social and economic development of constituent entities of the Russian Federation and municipal entities, as well as in the field of spatial planning.
To achieve this goal the Ministry solves the following tasks
- Development of legal regulations in the field of regional development and territorial planning.
- Implementation of measures for balanced spatial development of the Russian Federation. For this purpose, the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia has developed the Spatial Development Strategy of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2025, approved by the order of the Russian Government dated 13.02.2019 No. 207-R and a Plan for its implementation has been prepared.
- Improvement of territorial planning.
- Ensuring the consistency of strategies for social and economic development of macroregions and constituent entities of the Russian Federation with national goals and strategic objectives of the Russian Federation.
- Methodological support for achieving national goals at the regional level.
- Creation of individual development programs to ensure the sustainable development of individual territories.
- Creation and implementation of various mechanisms to support territories, including special economic zones, territories of advanced social and economic development in single-industry towns to increase the investment attractiveness of regions.
- Implementation of large-scale projects in the Republic of Crimea and the Federal city of Sebastopol, which will allow integrating the economy of these regions into the economic space of the Russian Federation, eliminating regional development imbalances, removing infrastructure restrictions, and improving investment institutions.
- Providing conditions for social and economic development of geostrategic territories (Kaliningrad region, Republic of Karelia).
- Formation of incentive mechanisms and optimization of powers of executive authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and local self-government bodies in order to ensure their effective operation.