Legal Department is a structural subdivision of the headquarters of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation that provides legal coverage for activities of the Ministry on the elaboration of the government policy and legal and regulatory framework of the issues related to the established sphere of competence of the Ministry.
Within the limits of its powers, the Department
- Coordinates interaction of the Ministry and its structural subdivisions with the chambers of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and other governmental authorities and organizations on the issues of legislative drafting activities and other legal works.
- Arranges for preparation of proposals of the Ministry for the draft plan of legislative drafting activities of the Government of the Russian Federation for the next year. Arranges for and supervises implementation in the Ministry of the legislative drafting activities plan of the Government of the Russian Federation and individual instructions of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation on the development of the federal bills.
- Forms the departmental annual plan for arranging for the legislative drafting works of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation for the following year and monitors its implementation.
- Organizes and supervises implementation in the Ministry of the plan of monitoring law enforcement in the Russian Federation.
- Independently prepares and participates in preparation (analyses, carries out legal due diligence) of the draft federal laws, decrees and orders of the President of the Russian Federation, resolutions and orders of the Government of the Russian Federation and other legal acts, as well as contracts, agreements, and government contracts developed by the Ministry. Performs legal due diligence of the draft orders, instructions, regulations, rules, regulations and other legal acts of the Ministry.
- According to the established procedure, provides legal protection of interests of the Government of the Russian Federation (on separate instructions) and/or the Ministry in courts of various levels and other authorities. Keeps records of court decisions and other court documents on the claims filed against the Ministry, monitors implementation of these documents and prepares judicial reports. Performs comprehensive analysis of the condition of the judicial and legal works. Carries out works on the case law analysis.
- Following the established procedure, implements functions of the Ministry as a state customer-coordinator of the federal target program “Development of the Russian Judiciary System 2013-2020”.
- Ensures participation of the Russian Federation in activities of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) and Private Law Unification International Institute (UNIDROIT). Conducts legal analysis of the documents prepared under the framework of the exercise of this authority, coordinates activities of the federal executive authorities, organizations, structural subdivisions of the Ministry and the foreign administrative apparatus of the Ministry concerning an interaction with UNCITRAL and UNIDROIT.
- Performs legal review of the draft documents required for the procurement of goods, works, and services to meet the government needs of the headquarters. Performs functions of the claim review group of the procurement department of the Ministry.