- Font type:
Finance Department is a structural subdivision of the headquarters of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation that exercises functions of the Ministry for formation and implementation of the federal budget as a chief controller (controller) and a federal budgetary funds recipient, a chief administrative officer (administrator) of the federal budget revenues, and a chief administrative officer (administrator) of sources of the federal budget deficit funding.
Under the framework of its core activities, the Finance Department ensures the discharge of functions of the Ministry in practice for implementing a unified financial and budgetary policy of a participant to the budgetary process, compliance with the common principles of financial and budgetary planning, budget accounting arrangement, internal financial control, and internal financial audit, carrying out current control over the discharge of budget obligations by the chief controllers and recipients of budgetary funds subordinate to the Ministry, as well as coordinating activities of the structural subdivisions of the Ministry to organize the planning and execution of the federal budget expenditures in terms of the Ministry.
The tasks of the Finance Department include:
- Exercise of functions of a chief controller (controller) and a federal budgetary funds recipient, a chief administrative officer (administrator) of the federal budget revenues, and a chief administrative officer (administrator) of sources of the federal budget deficit funding.
- Preparation and maintenance of the budget quarterly breakdown of the Ministry and the budget estimate of the Ministry.
- Maintenance of a register of expenditure obligations of the Ministry as a federal treasurer.
- Organization and coordination of operations on drawing up and maintenance of a cash budget for implementation of the federal budget by the Ministry.
- Organization and coordination of work on the preparation of proposals to the federal bill concerning the federal budget for the next financial year and planning period and the federal bill concerning the introduction of amendments into the federal act on the federal budget for the next financial year and planning period, implementation of methodological support for operations of the structural subdivisions of the Ministry and the subordinate organizations to the Ministry in preparation of proposals for the federal budget formation.
- Participation in the development and drafting regulatory acts on the financing of expenses of the Ministry.
- Coordination of actions for the implementation of internal financial control and internal financial audit in the Ministry.
- Generalization, systematization and analysis of the budget reports of the public institutions subordinate to the Ministry and making proposals based on their results on taking the necessary measures to prevent violations in financial and economic activities.
- Organization of integrated control measures in terms of targeted, effective spending of federal budget funds and other funds, as well as the safety of inventories in organizations and foreign establishments subordinate to the Ministry.