The Department ensures the exercise of the function entrusted to the Ministry on implementing the federal project “Regulatory Control over Digital Environment” of the national program “Digital Economy of the Russian Federation”.
The core task of the federal project is to build a system of legal regulation of the digital economy based on the flexible approach in each sphere of public relations.
The core activities of the Department include
- Formation of comprehensive legal regulation of relations arising in connection with the development of the digital economy.
- Regulation of the issues of building a national data management system, ensuring a favourable legal regime for certain types of data, creation of legal bases for long-term archival storage of electronic documents.
- Creating experimental legal regimes for the use of digital innovations, including the “regulatory sandbox” regime.
- Formation of the favourable regulatory environment for employment of artificial intelligence technologies and the use of robotics.
- Coordination of the activities of other participants in the federal project and the creation of the separate legal institutions aimed at developing the digital economy.
The legal acts are prepared by the Department jointly with other participants in the implementation of the national program, including the Ministry for Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media, the Autonomous Non-Profit Organization “Digital Economy”, and the Statutory Regulation Competence Centre “SKOLKOVO Foundation”.