- Font type:
Decisions on listing an enterprise shall be made by the Government Commission for Russian Economy Sustainable Development Improvement.
As a consequence of works conducted with federal executive authorities, Federal Tax Service, as well as the business community, Ministry of Economic Development of Russia presents the criteria for rating enterprises as systemically important that were approved on April 10, 2020, in a meeting of the Government Commission for Russian Economy Sustainable Development Improvement.
Ministry of Economic Development of Russia submits a proposal to the Government Commission to list enterprises as systemically important after receiving an expert opinion from the sectoral federal executive authority.
The decision to list an enterprise as systemically important subject to its conformity with the sectoral criteria differentiated by types of economic activity. These criteria have been developed for 72 economic activities and contain both universal indicators, such as revenue and staffing level, and individual indicators that take into account specificity of the relevant industries.
At the same time, as submitted by federal and regional executive authorities, an enterprise can apply for listing as systemically important if it meets one of the following seven special criteria:
- a sole employer in the community that has material impact on the development of the region;
- a general contractor or a first-level cooperating contractor under the defense procurement and acquisition order;
- operates critical infrastructure and/or provides security on the territory of the Republic of Crimea, Sevastopol city, Kaliningrad region and Far Eastern Federal District;
- develops and implements critical technologies, develops mission-critical software;
- provides information security, provides services of development and operation of state information systems, socially significant services on the Internet;
- provides transport accessibility in remote territories;
- recognized as dominating in the market of a certain product according to Article 5 of Competition Protection Federal Act No. 135-FZ dated July 26, 2006.